Unexpected Hills

I ran 13 miles today for my weekend run in your honor as we are leaving super early in the morning to fly back to Nashville. I ran 6.25 miles to a friend's house and went on a walk with her and then mapped a 6.75 mile route back home to make it an even 13. What I did not realize was that the route that Google maps was going to send me on was going to take me up a very hilly route for about half the way there and back. In some ways, I was so glad I did not know this was coming, and I just had to take it one mile at a time. It was a bit of a slower pace today because of these killer hills and as I was super sore from the workout yesterday morning with all the squats and push-ups. This made the finish all the sweeter today. 

It made me think about how it's good that we don't always know what the road ahead will hold for us. As you jump into these teenage years, there is a lot of uncharted territory ahead, but in some ways, it is good that God does not show us everything in advance. He just promises to be with us each step of the way and seems to only give us enough light for the next step in front of us, which allows us a chance to lean on God's guidance rather than leaning on our own intuition for decisions.




Show me your ways, Lord,
    teach me your paths.
 Guide me in your truth and teach me,
    for you are God my Savior,
    and my hope is in you all day long.
Psalm 25:4-5 

Comments