Under Construction

Today, Jason and I went for a run in the neighborhood down to Lake Union, and then we patched a route back through lots of construction that is happening in the UDistrict.  One street was so loud with bulldozers and other equipment that I wished I had earplugs, and there were other streets we ran by peeking into lots where the construction crew had excavated an entire block to create underground parking for a new building that would be going up.  Living in this neighborhood so close to the university has meant that we have seen an amazing amount of change over the last 9 years we have lived here. 

While this was not my most favorite scenic route (as the hillsides covered in purple in the park right now fill my bucket more), it was a powerful reminder of how quickly things can change in a neighborhood.  I was thinking about you and this next season of being a teenager and how much will change. You are already taller than your mom, and I imagine that you are going to just keep growing to surpass your dad soon (or maybe that has already happened!).  Your mind, body, emotions, and spirit will all be growing and changing. And I can't wait to see how the amazing heart and kind spirit that God has already given you will continue to mature.  With change, there may come some growing pains, but please remember that through it all that you are loved and that God is with you (and that you have a lot of people who are cheering you on along the way).  
I am excited about who you are now and who you are becoming. 

He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.
Philippians 1:6

For God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases him.  Philippians 2:13 

Comments