Keep Your Eyes on the Trail

This is a goofy picture of your Uncle Jas and of me when we were running in the race on Saturday.  As you can see, I was not looking at the photographer who was snapping pictures. My eyes were on the trail to make sure I did not fall, and I found that this was the case for a lot of the run that I had to keep my eyes a few feet in front of me and not get distracted by too much else; otherwise, I would have tripped easily with the bumpy terrain. 

In some ways, it's a perfect metaphor for how we have to walk through life. We can't see into the future, but we can do the best we can to keep our eyes on the trail in front of us and chart a path one step at a time. God does not shine the light too far ahead of us so as to keep us in the present, and I've also found that this keeps us in a more dependent relationship with God as we learn to trust Him along the way. 


I am praying for you today to know that God is with you on your journey and that you can trust Him to show you the way one step at a time. And while you do have to keep your eyes on the trail most of the time so that you don't trip up, don't forget to look up every once in a while (like your Uncle Jas above) to live on the edge, share some joy, and to soak up the beauty! 

Comments