Taking in the Sights

 This morning, while Anna was still sleeping, I went for a run in the neighborhoods around our Airbnb. (We came to CA for a quick college visit to let Anna see two colleges where she was accepted that we had never laid eyes on before.)

One of my favorite things about running in a new place is explore areas that are so different from my regular routes.  Today was such a treat to run in neighborhoods with lemon and orange just growing trees in people’s yards, towering palm trees lining driveways along with pink jasmine popping out of fences.  These sights and smells were a bit like a time machine, and they brought me back to memories from my own college days in CA.

May God give you the ability to soak up the beauty around you today. What is one small (or big) beauty you can name today? 










Comments