Rest Day

After my long runs on Sundays, Mondays are my rest days, and I love sleeping in a bit on these days and not thinking at all about lacing up my running shoes. I read on one blog one time, "Once you begin a strict work out routine the last thing most people want to do is stop, skip a day or take the weekend off. We feel like it will throw a wrench in our momentum to work out but it is crucial to your success to take a day or two a week to rest and recover. Allowing your muscle groups to take a day off is always critical to help with muscle repair and growth." 

As I think about how this applies to you in this stage of your life, my prayer is simply this that you would find days to rest from the exhaustion of school and navigating life in a pandemic. This verse from The Message says it best: 

"Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you’ll recover your life. I’ll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won’t lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you’ll learn to live freely and lightly.” Matthew 28:28-30 


May you find some space and rest so that you can experience God's delight and love- whether that means laying your head down on Stella's tummy or going for a walk to notice spring coming or meeting a friend at Big Dipper or making your favorite comfort food. ❤❤❤❤❤

Comments