New

 

This morning, I put on some new running shoes, and they sure felt good.  I have pointy heels and tend to create holes in the backs of my shoes after several months so I have to put duck tape over the holes to make the shoes last a little longer. As you can imagine, over time the tape comes off, and then I get blisters from the holes or the jagged piece of tape. So, when I bust out a new pair of running shoes, I get very excited. 

As I was running (and my feet were saying "Ahhhhh" from how good they felt), 
I kept thinking about the word NEW.  

A verse I think of often is the one from Lamentations that says, 
"His mercies are new every morning; great is His faithfulness." 
May you know the gift of God's love and mercy today so much that it feels like a brand new pair of shoes. 

Comments