Clear Your Head

This morning, I had an early meeting and then had an hour break before another long stretch of meetings. With this window in between these extended screen times on Zoom meetings, I decided to go for a run to soak up a little morning sunshine and to move my body. I looked at my phone and was trying to decide if I would listen to a podcast, but ultimately I decided to leave my phone at home and just use the time to be quiet for a bit.  Sometimes when I run, I find this to be the absolute best thing because it seems that too much is swirling around in my head and I don't need any more input.  This picture below is kind of what I felt like this morning before I headed out for a run. 



One of the best things about running for me is that I get to take time to pound the pavement and clear my head.  As I run, I find that I am able to let my thoughts settle, I sometimes remember a few things I might have forgotten otherwise, and I am able to think more clearly for the rest of my day. 

So, this morning, my simple prayer for you is that you would find time and space to clear your head every once in a while from the stress of school and family dynamics.  May God give you space to run, to ride your bike, to pet Stella--- or whatever it takes to find some calm.

Comments