a simple thank you

Today, as I ran with my friend Elizabeth, we logged around 6 miles together and then I headed home up a bunch of stairs as a shortcut to get home for a meeting. I was able to run up all the stairs without stopping, and when I reached the top, I said a little "thank you" to God and a "thank you" to my body for carrying me up the hill. 

Your mom and dad may have told you that I've had a few scares with my blood pressure in the last few months, and I have had my share of ups and downs with all of this. 

So, running up the hill this morning (which is something I've done more times than I can count) was just not something that I took for granted today, and gratitude bubbled up in my heart. 

My prayer for you today, Colter, is that God would nudge you to offer up a quick prayer of thanks for something you've been able to do today.... 

Comments